AfghanistanMilitaryNewsPoliticsSecurityThreats

Afghanistan Freedom Front Claims Six Taliban Members Killed in Zebak

DID Press: The Afghanistan Freedom Front has claimed that its forces killed six Taliban members and wounded eight others during clashes in Zebak district of Badakhshan province, and captured several positions held by the group.

The Afghanistan Freedom Front said in a statement issued on Monday morning, August 17, that its forces had broken through the front line during clashes in Zebak the previous day and taken control of several Taliban positions.

The group said its forces used heavy weapons to attack Taliban positions and inflicted heavy casualties. According to the AFF, six Taliban members were killed and eight others were wounded in the clashes.

The Afghanistan Freedom Front also claimed that the Taliban had deployed fighters from Faizabad and several other districts of Badakhshan to Zebak to reinforce their forces, but had failed to prevent the AFF’s advance. The statement said Taliban forces had been pushed back along several fronts and that some of their positions had been captured by AFF forces.

The Taliban have not yet commented on the reported clashes or the casualty claims.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button